Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Long Time, No Write!

So, I start a blog, then abandon it. I guess I have been busy and not had too much to say!

Well, I finally got in a five miler, like I had been talking about doing. I just ran a Turkey Trot on November 23, four miles. I think about two of the miles were uphill! Torture! I just kept repeating, hills are your friend, hills are your friend....don't walk, don't walk....

I got a great time, for me! 37.30 for four miles, especially when I was moving so slow uphill. I am very proud! I do believe I hurt my glutteus minimus. I used a heating pad last night and things seem to be feeling a little better, although still painful. I laid off the running, strength training and any other form of exercise last night. But I do want to run tonight. We will see how I feel.

I am in charge of desert for Thanksgiving, and there are three that I am making. I want to have them finished by Wed., so I do not have to worry about using the oven and kitchen when the main meal is being prepared!

I am planning a morning run on Turkey Day...Hopefully it pans out like that!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Aww...thanks! What half are you training for? Have you picked one yet?

Kelly said...

Hello. Found your blog from Brooke's site. I thought I'd share this reciepe if you're in need of another desert: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Caramel-Brownies/Detail.aspx

They're similar to what my family calls "Aunt Toni's Brownies". They make it to every Thanksgiving table, and I'm planning on brining them to my in laws this year. You really can't go wrong with cake mix brownies. Good luck training for the half, that's my goal for the spring as well.