Monday, October 27, 2008

Case of the Mondays

So this weekend was super fun, until I started barfing in flimsy paper bags on the way home from Chicago. Arh. Something bad in the cheeseburger is what I am going with. Still suffering from a headache. Being super lazy and skipping the gym tonight and going to the food store insttead. I have not been in about 4 or 5 weeks and my fridge can tell. But I LOVE going grocery shopping! Looking at the labels, comparing prices, deciding what to get...

So, I want to support my back on the wagon, no drinking! I only had keg beer on Saturday and felt hellacious. Although I will be drinking at the wedding I am in this Saturday. Have to. HAVE TO. anyway...

My girlfriend, one of the only runners in my group, decided we should run the Chicago Marathon, 2010. I think it is a great idea and can't wait. Ok, I can, but you know what I mean. I need to step up the training hardcore. Although it is going to have to wait until Tuesday. I plan on going for a run after class Tuesday, unless I can drag my tired ass out of bed tomorrow morning at 5.30 am. Which I used to do every day last winter...let's look at some of the reasons this has not been happening this year.
  • I got a new job and no longer have to commute 1 hour to work and 1 hour home
  • I joined a gym 5 minutes from my house
  • I have gotten lazy
  • I have gotten used to working out at night
  • I have gotten used to sleeping in until 6.30 am
  • I have started staying up later, corresponding to my new wake up time...

When I had my job that was 1 hour away, my boss paid for a gym membership. I would get up at 5.30 am, drink some coffee on the commute, hit the gym, shower, go to work, go home, immediatley start dinner. That was also how I lost 10 pounds. Now my weight loss has stopped and my workouts are less than consistent. I really would like to get back into the am workout routine, but it is going to take some serious commitent on my part.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, sleeping in until 6:30AM. That's really late :) JK. Actually that's really early!!! My idea of sleeping in is 9am.

Chicago 2010 is a great idea! I hear you about getting lazy. For me, if I don't stick with it from the beginning, it's all downhill. I hate when I do that!