Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do I Have To Go....??

Last night was BodyPump, an awesome 60 minute, full body weight lifting class at Gold's Gym. At the beginning of class, the teacher let us know that an "average" person with "'minimal" weight burns about 440 calories a class. So, of course, wearing my new heart rate monitor, I was very excited to see how many calories I burn! At the end of the class, I check. Barely 200. WHAT??? Good thing I did that, I went and ran two miles on the treadmill, to end up with a total burn of 440. I don't know if it was because it was my first time back in about 3-4 weeks and I used lighter weights, since I did not want to SUPER SORE today. Next class is either tomorrow morning at 5.30 am or Thursday night at 6.30, so I will see how many I burn then. And surprisingly, the treadmill heart rate and calorie burn was pretty accurate! You always read that they are WAY off. Well, not last night!

I have a race this weekend, a 5k. No big deal. It is my friend's first race, and she is not super fast, so I told her I would keep her pace for her first race. I do that with all my friends on their first race, I keep their pace. After their first, they are on their own!

My mom's 50th Birthday is Wed. I am in charge of desert and the cake. Of Course. I am a desert genius, and am well known in the family for my creations. I am making a homemade chocolate vanilla marble cake, lemon cream cheese cupcakes and thin mint fudge. Sounds awesome, and I am not going to eat all day just so I can have some of everything, heheheee...

So I weighed myself on Saturday morning, after a run and some errands and before breakfast and after using the bathroom. Follow that?!?! Anyway...143.4 pounds. Not bad, I was expecting a little higher. So hopefully on Saturday this week, it will say 142 point something!
I don't want to get too excited...I have a hard time losing weight, and it seems like I am dissapointed every time I step on the scale.
Also, I am going to cut WAY back on the booze. Did well this past weekend. Not one drop. I want this weekend to go the same way. The next weekend I will be at a Halloween party in Chicago, so I will be drinking. But only on Saturday night. The next weekend I am in a wedding and will FOR SURE be drinking the night of the wedding, due to many issues....
A. 2 ex-boyfriends and an ex fling will be present
B. The 2 ex-boyfriends are also IN THE WEDDING PARTY WITH ME
C. My boyfriend of 6 years will NOT be attending, due to family prior commitment
D. I feel this wedding is a really bad idea
E. The dress is not all that cute
F. The wedding is in November in Illinois and the dress is strapless and goes to my kness, with strappy sandal shoes. I.WILL.FREEZE.

I guess that about covers the wedding weekend......

No comments: