Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Again

I am not good at blogging, I have decided. I will try to get better. Anyway. That is my admission.

On Saturday I ran my third race. (!!!) Third 5k, just for clarification. So proud of myself! I recruited 2 friends to join me, and we had fun. There were only 35 entrants, all women. It was a women only race. I got 18 out of 35. Not bad, not bad! And! My PR! 29.30. Go Me.

I am so inspired by everyone out there who is running half's and full's...How DO you Do it? I only aspire to be able to do that....and hopefully some day I will. The farthest I have ran is 5 miles in under 55 minutes. Someday....

Other than running, not much else happening. I am LOVING my new heart rate monitor. Love.It.

Class tonight. That blows. The homework for this week was so frustrating, that I did not even finish. I can't believe I did that. I never NOT do my homework! Although, we are going to go over it in class, as I am not the only one who was having issues.

I am still behind on my half on my Halloween costume. I am Wayne. My best girlfriend is going be Garth. It is actually a pretty perfect idea for us.

Ran 2 miles last night on the treadmill after a 60 minute bodypump class. Plan to go to the gym after class tonight for a 45-60 minute cardio, but that also depends on how I feel after class and what time we get out.

Peace Out, Girl Scout.

2 comments:

fittingbackin said...

Thanks for the comment! OMG - purple is my new happy color!

Wow... i'm so jealous. I wanted to be a runner so bad but my feet just won't cooperate. Good for you - 3 miles in 30 minutes or less is AWESOME!

Laura said...

Congratulations on your 5Ks! I did my first 5K two years ago and I could.not.believe I finished - you'd be surprised how quickly you move on to longer distances without flinching. I'm not kidding or exaggerating when I say that a few years ago I couldn't run a mile, but now I do a 4 mile run and consider it really short and almost not worth putting my running clothes on! :) I think you should definitely look into working up to a longer distance - you can totally do it!

Also, I absolutely love Body Pump - I did it twice a week at my old gym, but my new gym doesn't offer it :(